Dental Crowns in St Neots, Cambridgeshire
Are you tired of hiding your smile due to damaged or unsightly teeth? Have you been struggling with weakened or discoloured dental crowns? Look no further. Priory Park Dental Practice in St Neots, Cambridgeshire offers the perfect solution – dental crowns. Our expert team is here to restore the strength, beauty, and confidence in your smile.
What Are Dental Crowns?
Dental crowns, also known as dental caps, are custom-made coverings that encase the visible portion of a tooth. They serve multiple essential functions in restorative and cosmetic dentistry. These crowns are designed to resemble natural teeth in shape, size, and colour, restoring both the aesthetics and functionality of a damaged or weakened tooth.
Who Could Benefit from Dental Crowns?
Dental crowns are a versatile and valuable dental solution that can benefit a range of individuals facing various dental challenges. Here’s a closer look at who could benefit from dental crowns:
- Damaged Teeth: Individuals with teeth that have suffered extensive damage due to decay, fractures, or trauma can benefit from dental crowns. Crowns provide essential protection and strength to weakened teeth.
- Restorative Needs: Those in need of restorative dental work, such as root canal therapy, can benefit from crowns. Crowns are often placed on treated teeth to preserve their function and structural integrity.
- Cosmetic Enhancements: Dental crowns are used for cosmetic purposes to improve the appearance of teeth with aesthetic issues, including discolouration, misshapenness, or gaps between teeth. They create a more aesthetically pleasing and harmonious smile.
- Tooth Preservation: Crowns are instrumental in preserving natural teeth that might otherwise require extraction. They provide structural support to teeth with large fillings or extensive damage, avoiding tooth loss.
- Support for Dental Bridges: Individuals in need of dental bridges to replace missing teeth benefit from crowns. Crowns serve as anchors, securing the bridge in place by capping healthy adjacent teeth.
- Protection After Dental Implants: Dental implants, which replace missing teeth, are often topped with dental crowns to complete the restoration. Crowns restore the natural appearance and function of the missing tooth.
- Enhanced Functionality: Crowns are used to restore the biting and chewing functions of teeth that have been compromised by damage or previous dental procedures.
- Repaired Dental Work: Individuals with existing dental restorations, such as large fillings, can benefit from crowns to reinforce and protect these restorations, preventing further damage.
- Correction of Wear and Tear: Over time, teeth can undergo wear and tear, resulting in a flattened or uneven biting surface. Dental crowns can correct these issues, improving tooth functionality.
The Procedure for Getting Dental Crowns
Getting dental crowns is a multi-step process that typically involves the following key stages:
- Consultation and Evaluation: The process begins with a consultation with our dentist. During this initial visit, the dentist will examine your oral health, assess the condition of the affected tooth or teeth, and discuss your treatment options.
- Treatment Planning: If dental crowns are deemed the appropriate solution, the dentist will discuss the choice of crown material, taking into consideration factors like the tooth’s location, function, and your aesthetic preferences.
- Tooth Preparation: On the day of the procedure, the dentist will numb the tooth and surrounding area with a local anaesthetic to ensure you’re comfortable during the process. Next, the tooth receiving the crown is prepared by removing any decayed or damaged portions. This step ensures that the crown will fit accurately over the tooth.
- Impression Taking: After tooth preparation, the dentist takes an impression (mould) of the tooth. This impression is used to create a custom-made crown that precisely fits your tooth.
- Temporary Crown: While the permanent crown is being fabricated in a dental laboratory (which can take a couple of weeks), a temporary crown is placed over the prepared tooth to protect it and maintain its appearance.
- Crown Placement: Once the permanent crown is ready, you’ll return to the dental office for its placement. The temporary crown is removed, and the dentist checks the fit, colour, and alignment of the permanent crown. After any necessary adjustments, the permanent crown is cemented securely in place over the prepared tooth.
- Bite Adjustment: The dentist ensures that your bite is comfortable and properly aligned with the new crown. Any necessary adjustments are made to achieve a harmonious bite.
- Final Polishing: The crown is polished to match the sheen of your natural teeth, ensuring a seamless and natural appearance.
- Post-Care Instructions: The dentist will provide instructions on caring for your new crown, including proper oral hygiene practices and any precautions to take.
Why Choose Priory Park Dental Practice for Getting Your Crowns?
When it comes to dental crowns, Priory Park Dental Practice in St Neots, Cambridgeshire stands out as your trusted partner for superior care. Here are compelling reasons why you should choose us for your crown needs:
- Expertise and Precision: Our dental professionals possess extensive experience and expertise in crown placement. You can trust our skilled team to deliver precise and impeccable results.
- Comprehensive Evaluation: We begin with a thorough examination to assess your oral health and determine the most suitable crown material and treatment plan tailored to your unique needs.
- Affordable: We understand the importance of accessible dental services. Our crown treatments start from just £640, ensuring you receive high-quality care without exceeding your budget.
- Customised Excellence: We believe in individualised care. Your crown is custom-crafted to match the natural colour, shape, and alignment of your teeth, ensuring a seamless and aesthetically pleasing result.
- State-of-the-Art Technology: Our practice is equipped with advanced dental technology, enabling accurate diagnosis and the implementation of the latest crown placement techniques.
- Minimally Invasive: We prioritise conservative and minimally invasive approaches to preserve as much of your natural tooth structure as possible while effectively restoring its strength and appearance.
- Patient Comfort: We create a welcoming and comfortable environment, ensuring your crown placement experience is painless and stress-free.
- Long-Lasting Durability: Our crowns are crafted using high-quality materials to guarantee durability and longevity, providing you with a lasting solution.
- Transparent Communication: We keep you informed at every step of the process, explaining treatment options and addressing any questions or concerns you may have.
- Exceptional Patient Care: Our commitment to delivering exceptional patient care is reflected in the countless satisfied patients who have entrusted us with their crown treatments.
What Our Patients Are Saying?
Our Location in St Neots
We are conveniently located at 📍29 – 31 New Street, St Neots, Cambs, PE19 1AJ📍 Reaching us is straightforward, whether by car or public transportation.
Book an Appointment
Schedule your crown consultation and experience the difference in our patient-focused care. Your journey to a confident and radiant smile begins here! Simply fill in the form and a member from our friendly team will get back to you very soon.