Oral Surgery in St Neots, Cambridgeshire
Are you facing complex dental issues that require specialised care? Discover the world of oral surgery at Priory Park Dental Practice in St Neots, Cambridgeshire. Our expert team is here to address a wide range of oral health concerns, ensuring your comfort and well-being throughout your surgical journey. Book your consultation today and take the first step towards a healthier, pain-free smile.
What is Oral Surgery?
Oral surgery is a specialised branch of dentistry that focuses on diagnosing and treating complex dental and oral health issues through surgical procedures. It encompasses a wide range of surgical interventions aimed at addressing conditions such as impacted wisdom teeth, dental implants, jaw surgery, bone grafting, and treating oral diseases or injuries that cannot be resolved through non-surgical methods. Oral surgeons are highly trained and skilled professionals who perform these procedures to improve oral health, alleviate pain, and enhance the overall well-being of patients.
When is Oral Surgery Needed?
Oral surgery may be needed in various situations, including:
- Impacted Wisdom Teeth: When wisdom teeth do not have enough space to erupt properly, they may become impacted, causing pain, infection, or damage to adjacent teeth. Oral surgery is often required to remove impacted wisdom teeth.
- Dental Implants: To replace missing teeth with dental implants, oral surgery is necessary. This involves surgically placing implant posts into the jawbone, which serve as anchors for artificial teeth.
- Jaw Surgery: Correcting jaw misalignment, addressing TMJ (Temporomandibular Joint) disorders, or improving the fit of dentures may require jaw surgery. This procedure can enhance both oral function and appearance.
- Bone Grafting: In cases where the jawbone lacks sufficient volume or density to support dental implants, bone grafting can be performed through oral surgery to augment the bone.
- Biopsy and Tumour Removal: Oral surgeons perform biopsies and remove tumours or abnormal growths within the oral cavity to diagnose and treat potentially serious conditions.
- Facial Trauma: In the event of facial injuries, oral surgery may be necessary to repair and reconstruct damaged facial structures, including the jaw, teeth, and soft tissues.
- Cleft Lip and Palate Repair: Oral surgeons often play a crucial role in repairing cleft lips and palates in infants and children to improve speech, eating, and appearance.
- Treatment of Oral Diseases: Surgical intervention may be needed to treat conditions like oral cancer, severe periodontal disease, or advanced infections that do not respond to non-surgical treatments.
- Tooth Extraction: While general dentists can perform routine tooth extractions, complex or surgical extractions, such as for severely impacted teeth, may require the expertise of an oral surgeon.
What Should I Do if I Feel Anxious about Undergoing Oral Surgery?
For patients who experience high levels of anxiety, we offer the option of sedation for any of our procedures. Your comfort and peace of mind are essential to us, and our team is here to ensure your dental experience is as stress-free as possible. We will discuss the sedation options available and tailor the approach to meet your specific needs, so you can receive the necessary care with confidence.
Why Choose Priory Park Dental Practice for Oral Surgery?
At Priory Park Dental Practice, we understand that oral surgery can be a daunting prospect for many patients. That’s why we’re dedicated to providing exceptional care and expertise to make your experience as comfortable as possible. Our highly skilled oral surgeons are experienced in a wide range of procedures, from wisdom tooth extractions to dental implant placements and jaw surgeries. We prioritise your well-being, offering sedation options for nervous patients and ensuring a stress-free environment.
In addition to our commitment to your comfort, we believe in transparency. Our competitive pricing, with simple extractions starting from just £146, ensures that you can access high-quality oral surgery without breaking the bank. We’re here to address your oral health needs with skill, compassion, and affordability. Choose Priory Park Dental Practice for your oral surgery, and let us restore your smile with care and confidence.
What Our Patients Are Saying?
Our Location in St Neots
We are conveniently located at 📍29 – 31 New Street, St Neots, Cambs, PE19 1AJ📍 Reaching us is straightforward, whether by car or public transportation.
Book an Appointment
Let us be your partners in achieving a confident, radiant smile that reflects the best version of you. Contact us today to schedule a consultation. Simply fill in the form and a member from our friendly team will get back to you very soon.