Root Canal in St Neots, Cambridgeshire
Are persistent toothaches or dental discomfort causing you distress? Explore the world of root canal therapy at our St Neots, Cambridgeshire practice. Discover how this effective treatment can save your teeth and provide lasting relief. Book your consultation today for a pain-free smile.
What is a Root Canal Treatment?
A Root Canal Treatment, commonly referred to as a root canal, is a dental procedure aimed at saving a severely damaged or infected tooth. It involves the removal of the infected or inflamed pulp tissue from the tooth’s interior, followed by thorough cleaning, disinfection, and sealing of the root canals. This procedure is crucial for relieving pain, preventing further infection, and preserving the natural tooth. After a successful root canal, the tooth is typically restored with a dental crown to ensure its strength and functionality are maintained. Here at Priory Park Dental Practice, root canal treatments are performed by our skilled dentists, and they are a valuable solution for retaining teeth that might otherwise require extraction.
See how it works:
Who Needs Root Canal?
Root canal treatment may be necessary for individuals who experience:
- Severe Tooth Pain: Persistent, intense toothache or discomfort, especially when chewing or applying pressure to the tooth.
- Sensitivity to Hot and Cold: Extreme sensitivity to hot or cold temperatures, which can linger even after the temperature stimulus is removed.
- Swelling and Abscess: Swelling, tenderness, or the presence of a pimple-like bump on the gums near the affected tooth, which can indicate an infection.
- Deep Tooth Decay: Advanced tooth decay that has reached the inner pulp tissue of the tooth, causing infection or irreversible damage.
- Trauma or Injury: Dental trauma or injury that has led to damage or death of the pulp tissue within the tooth.
- Cracked or Fractured Teeth: Cracks or fractures in the tooth that have exposed the pulp, leading to infection or inflammation.
- Recurrent Dental Infections: Repeated infections in a previously treated tooth, indicating the need for retreatment or root canal revision.
The Procedure of Root Canal
The root canal procedure is a multi-step dental treatment aimed at saving a severely damaged or infected tooth. Here’s an overview of the typical steps involved:
- Diagnosis: Our dentist begins by taking X-rays to assess the tooth’s structure and identify the extent of infection or damage. We will also discuss symptoms and medical history with the patient.
- Local Anaesthesia: To ensure the patient’s comfort during the procedure, the dentist administers local anaesthesia to numb the affected tooth and surrounding area.
- Isolation: A rubber dam is placed around the tooth to keep it dry and free from saliva during the procedure, maintaining a sterile environment.
- Access Opening: The dentist drills a small access hole into the crown of the tooth to reach the pulp chamber and root canals.
- Pulp Removal: Using specialised instruments, the infected or inflamed pulp tissue is carefully removed from the pulp chamber and the root canals.
- Cleaning and Shaping: The interior of the tooth and its root canals are thoroughly cleaned, disinfected, and shaped to eliminate any remaining bacteria and debris.
- Filling: After cleaning, the dentist fills the empty space in the tooth and root canals with a biocompatible material called gutta-percha to seal off the area and prevent further infection.
- Restoration: A temporary or permanent dental crown is placed over the tooth to protect it and restore its function and appearance. In some cases, a post may be inserted to provide additional support.
What Should I Do if I Feel Anxious about Undergoing Root Canal?
For patients who experience high levels of anxiety, we offer the option of sedation for any of our procedures. Your comfort and peace of mind are essential to us, and our team is here to ensure your root canal experience is as stress-free as possible. We will discuss the sedation options available and tailor the approach to meet your specific needs, so you can receive the necessary care with confidence.
Why Choose Priory Park Dental Practice for Root Canal?
At Priory Park Dental Practice, we understand that the prospect of a root canal can be intimidating for many patients. That’s why we are committed to providing exceptional care and a comfortable experience.
- Skilled and Compassionate Team: Our highly skilled dental professionals have extensive experience in performing root canal procedures. They approach each treatment with care, precision, and compassion, ensuring that your comfort and well-being are our top priorities.
- Patient-Centred Approach: We believe in open communication and involving you in your dental care decisions. Our team will thoroughly explain the procedure, answer your questions, and address any concerns, ensuring you are well-informed and at ease.
- Sedation Options: For patients who experience anxiety or nervousness, we offer sedation options to help you relax during the procedure. Your comfort is paramount, and we tailor our approach to your needs.
- Cutting-Edge Technology: Priory Park Dental Practice is equipped with state-of-the-art dental technology, including digital imaging and advanced instrumentation, to ensure precise and efficient root canal treatments.
- Affordable Care: We believe that everyone should have access to high-quality dental care. Our competitive pricing ensures that root canal therapy is accessible without compromising on quality.
- Comprehensive Services: In addition to root canals, our practice offers a wide range of dental services, allowing us to address your unique oral health needs under one roof.
- Proven Results: Our commitment to excellence is reflected in the successful outcomes of our root canal treatments. We have helped numerous patients achieve pain relief and maintain their natural teeth.
What Our Patients Are Saying?
Our Location in St Neots
We are conveniently located at 📍29 – 31 New Street, St Neots, Cambs, PE19 1AJ📍 Reaching us is straightforward, whether by car or public transportation.
Book an Appointment
Let us be your partners in achieving a confident, radiant smile that reflects the best version of you. Contact us today to schedule a consultation. Simply fill in the form and a member from our friendly team will get back to you very soon.